Our Commitment to the Environment
We constantly strive to improve our environmental performance and each year we are committed to introducing at least one new measure to reduce our carbon footprint. Our aim is to be as sustainable as we can be without compromising on the luxury and comfort that every one of our guests deserves. Each decision we make about The Stables has sustainability issues at the core of the decision making. The following are some issues that we have already addressed:
- Facilities for walkers, cyclists and nature lovers
- Henham Park is a perfect location for sustainable activities – endless walks and nature on your doorstep
- Local ingredients – by purchasing locally wherever possible and asking suppliers to respect our environmental principles, we have greater control over packaging. Food is fresher and has not been subjected to significant travel or cold storage time.
- Homemade cakes
- Fair trade teas and coffees
- All waste recycled where possible.
- Landfill use – the amount of our waste that currently goes to landfill is around 40% and we are striving constantly to reduce this further.
- Recycled paper for all advertising
- Energy efficient appliances
- Energy efficient bulbs wherever possible